Quick Start Guide
Step 1 - KWS Cluster Set Up
Once you are ready to being implementing KWS (in a test or production app), reach out to your implementation manager and let them know.
What we need from you
- Contact information of the admin user of your Control Panel
- Full name
- Email address
- Company Name (we'll most likely have this already from your contract or past discussions)
Your Cluster will come with the following:
- Control Panel - This is the main dashboard where you can create your KWS apps, brand and administer them.
- Parent Portal - The parent portal that parents will use to give permissions to kids registered in your apps.
Step 2 - Access your Control Panel
Once your KWS Cluster has been generated, you (the admin user defined in step 1) will receive an email containing the following information:
- Username (which will be the admin user's email address)
- URL to the login page for your Control Panel
- URL to a page where you can set your password
Step 3 - Create your first KWS App
Click on the 'Add new app or site' button on the top right hand side of the screen
On the following screen set the following:
- App name - this is the name of the app that you would like to have appear on all copy.
- App Description - this is the short description that you would like to have appear on all copy.
- Logo - the logo of your app. This will also be visible to your end users.
Success! Your KWS app has been successfully created.
Step 4 - Explore the Control Panel
You will now see the below screen:
A. KWS Modules - Configure all active modules in your KWS instance.
B. My Company - See the list of your company's control panel users and manage their app access and permissions.
C. My Profile - All information related to your user profile on the control panel. You can also change your password.
D. Settings - Here you can brand your application by uploading copy and images. Also see available app permissions here.
E. Loyalty - you will be able to see and filter the list of existing events for your app. Events are the core part of the KWS loyalty program module.
F. Users - find all the information you have safely collected about the users of your app and administer their accounts.
G. Notifications - View and filter a list of push notifications scheduled for your app. You'll also be able to create new notifications.
H. Integration - Find all the parameters you need to integrate KWS into your app.
I. Web-hooks - Create and see a list of existing web-hooks for your app.