This flow treats all users as kids, requiring parental consent for access to the app and additional features:
When to use this flow
If your app is specifically targeted at kids and you want to treat all users as kids, requiring parental consent before any access is granted, we recommend this flow.
About this flow
During sign-up, you may choose not to collect a date of birth. The app treats all users the same, regardless of age.
- All users are treated as kids and therefore must provide their parent’s email address.
- The user cannot access the app until parental consent is given.
- When parental consent is given, the user can access the app but features that require parental consent are disabled.
- The user can then progressively request access to the disabled features from their parent.
- The parent manages the user’s permissions using the KWS Parent Portal.