You can localise each of the 4 categories of Settings for your KWS environment; i.e. basic information, branding, permissions, and display names:
KWS supports the following languages:
- Chinese, simplified (zh)
- Dutch (nl)
- English (en)
- French (fr)
- German (de)
- Italian (it)
- Japanese (ja)
- Korean (ko)
- Portuguese, Brazilian (pt-br)
- Russian (ru)
- Spanish (es)
- Thai (th)
Localise your app’s basic information
In the Basic Information tab, select the required language from the dropdown menu on the right-hand side, and then enter the localised settings and click Save.
Localise your branding
In the Branding view, you can upload localised branding assets. You can also provide a localised email footer for the emails that are sent to users and their parents.
For example, to upload custom assets for your French-speaking users, select ‘French’ from the dropdown menu on the right-hand side, and then upload your assets as usual:
Contact your Implementation Manager if you need to localise any additional branding items.
Localise your app’s permissions
If you wish to provide app permissions and/or copy in multiple languages:
- Prepare your permissions and copy text in the required languages.
- Contact your Implementation Manager, who will upload the localised permissions and copy to your KWS environment for you.
- When the upload is complete, you can view the localised permissions and copy in the Permissions tab by selecting the required language from the dropdown menu on the right-hand side:
Localise display names
When you set up the nouns and adjectives for randomly generated display names, the default language is English. To provide nouns and adjectives in other languages:
- Select the required language from the dropdown list on the right-hand side, and then enter your nouns and adjectives as described in Set up display names. Remember to specify whether the adjective comes before or after a noun in the selected language.
- For grammatically gendered languages, you must specify whether a noun or adjective is masculine or feminine. Select the noun or adjective to display the Grammatical Gender buttons, and then click Masculine or Feminine to assign a gender to the selected noun: